Sunday, April 12, 2009

Cutting - 2 Weeks Old

There isn't much to report about the cutting today, which is good news in itself! It is looking crisp and fresh, and there is sufficient moisture in the system, so I have left well alone. I did turn it 90 degrees clockwise to ensure that it will get even light. I will try to remember to do this every week!

There is generally not much to do in the shade house at present other than dead heading and removing berries ( and weeds - Where do they come from???). All feeding has stopped now until after pruning, and there don't appear to be any insects or diseases around so there is no need to spray. I have reduced watering to every three days as the pots are not drying out too quickly any more.

The new growth is appearing all over the place and there should be plenty of planting material at the end of the month. I am delighted to see that a couple of plants that I had almost written off are recovering in the gentler temperatures and cool dewy nights. I will wait a couple of weeks before I discard anything that looks dead right now - You just never know what can happen!!

No comments: