Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wild Weather

The first real cold front of the season came through last night, bringing with it cool temperatures, some quite heavy rain, and strong gusts of wind. Winter is on the way!

The majority of my cuttings are safe and snug and warm in the propagator and were unaffected by the weather,


but the three little "Blog babies" in their small individual pots and plastic bags stand on a fairly exposed shelf, and as I was afraid that they might be blown around, I brought them in to the kitchen window sill until the wind drops. This probably wasn't necessary, but I thought it was better to be safe than sorry as I would hate anything to happen to them now!

I do hope that the rain clears by Friday, otherwise we will have a fairly miserable morning of cutting taking!! The real enthusiasts will not be put off by this, of course!!

No comments: